- it was heaps of fun - the theme was really cool;
- the room design is excellent - they use the space well and in a creative way;
- there is a really good mix of hunt and seek fun and clever puzzles;
- the puzzles are all relatively low-tech, but they are really creative. There were a few puzzles that we had never seen before and which we absolutely loved. None of the puzzles are boring in this room, which we really loved;
- we managed to escape in about 35 minutes, which we were told was the best time they had had so far come through the room;
- the theming was great - the props and puzzles all added to the overall feel of the room;
- the use of walkie talkies for communication was simple but effective;
- the game master was really enthusiastic about the rooms; and
- having done both of rooms back to back, we really liked how truly different each of the rooms are (very different themes and very different puzzles in each).
The only negative aspect of this room is that there is one particular puzzle that is really difficult (and it doesn’t rely on your brain). I don’t want to give away any spoilers, so I won’t say any more, other than that I think this puzzle could be improved to make it less difficult (it’s a good puzzle, but a few tweaks could turn it into a great puzzle).
Where: Level 1, 38-40 Eaton Mall, Oakleigh, Melbourne
Themes: 2 themes
Cost: $144 (4 players)
More details: http://www.escapexperience.com.au/